Tuesday, March 9, 2010

All Is Right With The World



Did you ever have a block of time in your life that just couldn't be better? I may be in just such a place. Sure, there have been frustrations and sadness. But overall, life is good. There are some exciting times going on with family members. Some of are making strides in personal growth. (Yay, Miss Tootie!)


Some snippets of life's goodness: A very unexpected white Christmas, my family all together.

A January road trip to Tennessee to see Gail and Jack, Rachel, Lance, Will and Maci. The weekend flew by, but Gail and Jack were great hosts and I felt pampered and loved. It was a fabulous time of catching up, relaxation, music and family love.


Since visiting Tennessee, I have made home-made bread a few times. Jack has baked his family's bread consistently for many years. Watching Jack make bread brought to my mind all the pleasure and satisfaction I have had when baking bread in the past.


My youngest spent 10 exciting days in Vancouver for the Winter Olympics. That is an experience that will live in her memory forever.


Work has been rocking along. I work with such a a cohesive group. We ARE a team.


Then, the record-breaking snow in February. Large broken tree limbs everywhere and the Lusk household lost four shrubs and some big tree limbs. The snow was beautiful. I will always remember stepping out on the patio around sunrise and listening to the muffled sounds that come with a heavy snow.


I have booked an Alaskan cruise for myself and two of the kids. I can't even begin to wonder about the things we'll see and experience. This has been a life-long desire. I'm only sorry that I can't share it with Clu Flu. We always "planned" to take an Alaskan trip.


There are other positive things going on that I can't speak of right now. But suffice it to say, I'm happy.


Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. woohoo! Glad to see this post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you were still posting on this! glad you are!

    ReplyDelete

What do you say?